A certified ethical hacker is a skilled professional also known as white hat hacker. An ethical hacker knows how to find vulnerabilities, penetrate a computer system within legal limits. An ethical hacker has credential certifies to work like a hacker (black hat hacker), use the knowledge and tools to find and set straight any fault in cybersecurity.
The main reason behind setting up a white hat hacker is to self-regulate our own systems and stop the exploitation by defending any cyber threats. An ethical hacker will work as a malicious hacker but under legal and legitimate protocols.
A certified ethical hacker will implement following strategies while penetrating into a system-
• An ethical hacker might approach social engineering in their tactics to work and find any system vulnerabilities.
• Test, scan, hack and secure own system first and look for loopholes and zero-day exploits before any hacker finds out and work on fixing it.
• The ethical hacker course contains five phases which include reconnaissance, gaining access, and enumeration, maintaining access and covering your tracks.
• Any issues related to evading or attempting illegal or cracking, sniffing or hijacking web servers and web applications will be taken care of.
A program will teach in real time in order to tackle the situation and how to act on it. The certified EC- council instructor will teach you the ethical hacking methodology to be used in Penetration testing.
The newest course upgrade is CEH V9, which focuses on-
• Countermeasures for various threats and attacks on cloud computing technology
• Identify cyber threats through Penetration testing technology
• CEHv9 focuses mainly on latest hacking attacks and covers countermeasures to secure and safeguard all the internet platforms such as mobile, laptop, computers, etc.
• Malware attacks such as Petya, Wanna cry, etc. some vulnerabilities which internet saw in past years. The course will cover in depth and train the ethical hacker for such instances
• Topics such system hacking, sniffing, enumeration, scanning, DDoS attacks using mobile phones are covered
The certification will benefit security officer, IT professionals, auditors, site administrator and anyone who wants to learn about the integrity and standards of network infrastructure.
As a certified ethical hacker, you can work as-
· Penetration tester
· Ethical hacker
· Offensive Security Certified Professional
If you are looking for a head start in hacking, a certified course in ethical hacking is a good starter pack which is offered by EC-Council. The course gives knowledge about security risk and threats with vulnerabilities through in-class and online classes and notes.
After completion of the course, the certification exam is to appear. The CEH certification helps to break into the field of security and make a career out of it
A certified ethical hacker salary can vary from country and state. A CEHv9 certification is a must while applying for the job application.
Job profiles such as Security Analyst, Information Security Analyst, certified Ethical Hacker are some of them which you can consider.
Pay scale of employees with Certified Ethical Hacker job profiles as following (based on U.S. currency per year)-
Ø Information security analyst-$78,915
Ø Penetration tester-$90,650
Ø Security analyst-$71,727
Ø Information security Engineer-$94,400
Whereas in India, a certified Ethical hacker is paid as follows (per year)-
Ø Information security analyst-Rs.5,29,990
Ø Penetration tester-Rs. 4,12,802
Ø Security analyst-Rs.4,37,415
Ø Information security Engineer-Rs. 12,65,381
An ethical hacker or also known as Penetration tester are in demand due to crazy cyber threats rising every day. The IT industry is growing 21% every year worldwide. With this growth rate, we need more skilled and professional employees to handle the cyber world. With honesty, integrity and trustworthy qualities, an ethical hacker qualifies for this job.
Tag:best ceh, best ceh certification ec-council, best ceh classes institute, CEH, ceh career, ceh certificate, ceh certification, ceh certification cost, ceh classes, ceh course, ceh EC-council, ceh jobs, ceh programs, ceh salary, ceh scope, certified ethical hacker, EC-Council, ec-council ceh training, ethical hacking in delhi, Information Security, security, top ceh training, top ceh training in noida, Training